Old 24-06-2008, 05:19 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default fungus treatments..

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 22:58:25 EDT, "Lostin1999"
wrote:

alas I seem to have gained some light fungus on a couple of my koi, (the
cotton wool like patches), I have brought some "treatment" (interpet Koi
anti fungus and bacteria). the instructions tell me how much per litre,
but don't mention if I should turn off the UV, it does state I should keep
pumps and filters running,

would keeping the UV on kill the effectiveness of the product?
LL

A treatment wouldn't be my first choice. I always start with salt to see if
the fish can fight it off on their own. Have you checked your water
parameters? If so, what tests and what were the numbers? How about temp?
Last water change out? How often, how much?

What are the ingredients of Interpet? ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us