Old 24-06-2008, 08:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\)[_194_] Robert \(Plymouth\)[_194_] is offline

Default Raspberries on neglected allotment

"Paul Luton" wrote in message
. uk...
I took over an allotment this year which has some fruit bushes. (good) The
raspberries seem to have spread and are now intertwined with everything
and heavily infested with tall grass and the occasional bramble. What do
the experts reckon to my chances if , once they have finished fruiting, I
dug up this years shoots, cleared the ground and replanted in rows. ( I
know I could do it in the winter but then would not get a crop next year.)

Thanks for any comment

Paul

It would ideally be done in the autumn but it's a hard job to kill off
raspberries. I would do it in the autumn myself, it's easier working then as
well.

--
Rowdens Reservoir Allotments Association
www.rraa.moonfruit.com