Old 24-06-2008, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jonathan[_3_] Jonathan[_3_] is offline

Default Watercress

On 24 Jun, 10:07, "BAC" wrote:
"Pam Moore" wrote in message

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 22:58:20 +0100, Pam Moore
wrote:

Is it possible to grow watercress without running water? Has anyone
tried, and if so how can it be done? Pieces of bought watercress will
root in water, but is there a way of growing them on? I often end up
wasting the last of a packet.

Thanks for all advice and info. I have ordered some land cress seeds!

Here is some more info/advice about watercress, which you may find
interesting

http://www.cottagesmallholder.com/?p=264

Marshalls sell watercress seed. It is very easy to grow in a pot,
provided you keep it a basin of water all the time.

Jonathan