Old 24-06-2008, 03:07 PM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Rowan Tree

"Jangchub" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 21:05:45 -0400, "symplastless"
wrote:

"Jangchub" wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 23:10:53 -0400, "symplastless"
wrote:

never heard of this tree. Tell me, is it a ring porous, diffuse or
conifer?
What properties are you interested in with this tree?
Other than that.

The original question was to plant it in a container or would it
survive in the water in a bucket, its current planter.

Sorbus aucuparia

Do a search to find out what it is. It's a rather popular tree.

If you are that familiar with this tree then please do tell me if it is
ring, diffuse or conifer. If you do not know than just say so.

Oh for [snip] sake, it's a dicot, seed producing in the family rosacea.
I don't give a damn about your "biology" jargon. Useless here.

I would say that you have not dissected this tree, do not know what type of
vessel or tracheids arrangement it has dictating its water requirements.
Just wanted to make sure. Just because you do not understand the anatomy of
the specific tree does not mean that understanding the anatomy is not
required to understand treatments. The opposite. The more you know about
the anatomy of a species the more you will understand its treatments. The
reason I asked was because the way people were answering I thought they
understood the tree? My mistake.
If you do not care about the biology of a plant why would you think you
should comment on the biology of the tree?

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.