Old 07-04-2003, 09:20 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default Chicken Manure. Is it safe?

In article ,
"Paul D.Smith" writes:
| Interesting. I always thought from my history lessons that cholera takes no
| account of social or economic backgrounds. The "proof" for this was that in
| the last great epidemics in London, both poor and wealthy areas were equally
| affected or spared, the differenciator being where their water supply (and
| therefore infection or not) came from.

As with much of what we were taught, that is a simplistic analysis.
The reason that there has been traditionally little difference in
many health issues is often due to the fact that the ignorance was
universal. So, when you move to societies where the problems are
economic, the same uniformity may not apply.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.