Old 24-06-2008, 06:13 PM posted to rec.gardens
Tom J Tom J is offline

Default Getting rid of tree stumps

wrote:
I have had four pine trees removed, but because of their location
the
tree people cannot use the grinder to get rid of the stumps. I would
like to remove them without using harmful chemicals. I heard you
could
put lime on them. I could chop them out,but my wife does not like
the
idea ( possible heart attack). One time we put a wine barrel on top
of
the stump with some flowers in it, and eventually the stump rotted,
and we could pull it out with our hands. Location does permit this
method.
Any suggestions.

Drill holes or use chain saw to saw slots in them and fill them with
most any fertilizer, like 8-8-8 or10-10-10, add water, then shovel a
little dirt on top.
Works better than lime, but will take 4 or 5 years.

Tom J