Old 24-06-2008, 07:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
Boron Elgar Boron Elgar is offline

Default Identify these weeds

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 08:48:14 -0700 (PDT), z
wrote:

On Jun 23, 1:44*pm, Johnny wrote:
Actually, I'm not even sure if they are weeds or not. I don't know
much about horticulture. I tried a few web sites to try to id them
myself, but couldn't even answer most of the questions (ex,http://weedid.aces.uiuc.edu/).

You can view the pics at:http://www.jokabomo.com/weeds/

Also, if they are weeds, how to I get rid of them? They seem to be
centrally located only on one part of my property. I assume good old
fashioned yanking up by the roots will work. They seem to be
strangling some wild raspberry plants *and would like to try to save
the berry plants.

Thanks in advance.
John

small contribution, regarding your berries: if the berry part is a
kind of hollow shell around a conical inedible part, that's a
raspberry. if it's like a raspberry with those little spheres but the
edible part is solid instead of a hollow shell, it's a blackberry.

More likely a wineberry...

http://www.delawarewildflowers.org/1732.html
http://www.nps.gov/plants/alien/fact/ruph1.htm

Boron