Old 24-06-2008, 08:38 PM posted to rec.gardens
Don Staples Don Staples is offline

Default Help needed - What is wrong with my tree?

"Henley Birder" wrote in message

Hi all,

I moved to my current house at the beginning of this year. There are a
couple of trees in the garden, but as we have gone through spring one of
them has failed to grow any leaves. It did have a small sprout at the
end of one branch right at the beginning of spring but this soon died.
More recently it has started to sprout growths on the trunk, but not on
any of the existing branches. Here are links to some pics (you may
need to scroll down a little):

http://tinyurl.com/4v5h5u
http://tinyurl.com/3z68eb
http://tinyurl.com/3wb3gr

I have two questions: what is likely to be wrong with it, and what do I
need to do about it? I am completely inexperienced at gardening.

Appears to be epitomic branching, top is dead. What is your location, and
do you have an ID on species?