Old 25-06-2008, 02:05 PM
beccabunga beccabunga is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan View Post
Hello, my first post is about a Rowan tree i have acquired! It is a young one, about half a metre of growth on it. I have the roots sitting in a tub of water just now but i want to obviously put it in the ground. The problem is that i havnt yet completed digging the turf up in my garden and getting it ready for plants.

The ground under the turf is awful. We are in a steading conversion and the people who built it put the turf on ground of stones mainly it seems. So we need to get some more soil in.

How long can it last in this tub? Can i plant it into a pot for now?
It will drown if left in the water.

For now plant it up in a good sized pot with good loam based compost. Keep it watered but not wet, and keep it in the shade so its leaves do not dry out. You can plant it out in the autumn this year or in the spring next year.