Old 25-06-2008, 11:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Strange things on a beach id

In article ,
lid says...
On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 10:35:49 +0100, Charlie Pridham
wrote:

I have been sent this picture for our local HPS newsletter as a couple of
members just back from Spain found the beaches covered with millions of
these strange objects which were hollow and empty. they seem to be made
up of plant material, any one any idea what they may be?
www.roselandhouse.co.uk/hps/thingys.jpg

I've seen similar things on the seabed in Greece. I thought it was donkey crap.

I have to say it does look like a dung beetle ball but the marine
location and sheer number suggests there are not enough donkeys!! but
thanks for pointing out that they are not confined to spain
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk