Old 25-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Granity Granity is offline
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanM View Post

I already have some tomato plants growing outside in a sheltered (and sunny) location and they are coming on very well. There a re a couple each of Gardeners Delight, Ailsa Craig and Tumbler and they all have sets on. I have started feeding them once a week. I don't know if I should move them into the greenhouse or whether to leave them where they are so I have room for more stuff in the greenhouse?

Ian
I prefer large pots (I use 18Ltr ones) to grow bags for tomatoes you get a bigger root system that takes up the food better, also I sit them on plant trays and water from the bottom as they don't dry out so quickly when it's hot and it keeps the pesky ants from making nests in the pots.

Find some good recipes for green tomato chutney as well you'll need them in October. :-)