Old 25-06-2008, 04:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Eddy Eddy is offline

Default evergreen climbers for greenhouse

Two identical evergreen climbers were put in the greenhouse last autumn
while we had the exterior of the house (to which they had been clinging)
renovated . . . and unfortunately they haven't survived. I don't know
what they were. Another sad story. I think it was the heat some weeks
ago - though the greenhouse does have those automatically-opening
windows at the top.

Can anyone recommend a luxuriant evergreen climber that will love
growing in a greenhouse, i.e. getting very hot on some days in summer,
and having only a pane of glass as protection during the worst frosts of
winter?

(The greenhouse we have inherited is in the front garden, visible from
the road, so we have decided to keep only ornamental plants in it.)

Many thanks,
Eddy.