Old 25-06-2008, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Eddy Eddy is offline

Default evergreen climbers for greenhouse

Charlie Pridham wrote:
It will depend in large part on where in the world your greenhouse is,
one of the best is Pandorea jasminoides 'Rosea Superba'

Sorry, Charlie, I should have said. (I've said so often, I thought
people might roll their eyes and say "Oh, him again!")

The greenhouse is in the South Shropshire hills, 265 metres above
sea-level. After one year of living here I have to say it ain't as warm
as Kent OR West Wales. I suppose it's the altitude largely. The
countryside is utterly barren/brown for 7 months of the year and then in
May it explodes with luxuriant transient green and a whole host of
wildflowers which we never had in warmer West Wales near the coast, nor
in chalky Kent.

Thanks for the suggestion of Pandorea jasminoides 'Rosea Superba'. I
remember this flower from years in Aussie! I wonder if it comes in
anything other than pink.

Eddy.