Old 26-06-2008, 03:43 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
W Dale[_2_] W Dale[_2_] is offline

Default pondscaping a dream pond

On Jun 22, 3:36 pm, Phyllis and Jim wrote:
Seven to one is a pretty steep contrast between the pond and the stock
tank. I am interested that your neighbor has lost more than 7"! That
would cause me to rethink my loss rate...or his. Does the pond have a
stream or falls to increase the evaporation rate? Have you noted
where the change in rate happened? It might be interesting to check
for milk-pull-through at that level.

Jim

I turned off the waterfall (to decrease evaporation rate as you
mentioned) to see what would happen. It still went down but very very
slowly. That the stock tank has still lost less than 2 inches in 8
days, cause me decide to look for the leak. I think I may have found
them in a couple of patches that were seeping EVER so slowly but
enough to get my attention. I am using Beckett's patch instead of the
stuff that came with the BTL liner as that patch material is not
keeping the water in as I think it should. I hope to complete the
repairs this afternoon and begin refilling the pond. Humidity today
is 11%.

W. Dale