Old 26-06-2008, 12:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
June June is offline

Default All my edible's are dying

I'm replying to this post with my tomato problem since I'm getting an
error message trying to post a new message!

Two of my tomato plants suddenly went into total wilt. I've never seen
this type of wilting problem. Last year in a different spot I had some
wilting disease that started at the bottom of the plant and they
responded a bit to extra watering, for a while, before they expired.
These tomatoes are wilted top to bottom, no leaf discoloring. I'd
appreciate any help identifying this problem and either a cure or
future prevention. This is only the second year of planting tomatoes
in this area and so far the other plants near these two affected ones
are doing fine.
I'm getting a lot of strange things going on in the garden this year -
plants that don't look healthy, black spotting on a brand new,
expensive hydrangea and almost overnight major increase in black
spotting on all my roses, other perennials that just don't look right
etc.
I'm an organic gardener, so any help in that direction would be most
appreciated.

Thanks!
June