Old 26-06-2008, 06:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] tombates@city-net.com is offline

Default Brocolli seed germination

I planted some bocollit seeds around three weeks ago, but they have
not germinated. They were new seeds for this year. I planted them in a
large container, and because I was going to be gone for a week, and
could not water them while I was gone I placed plastic bags on top of
the containers to retain moisture. The temperatures were probably in
the mid to upper 80's while I was gone. Would the seeds have rotted,
or was the temperature too high for germination? I know borcolli likes
cool weather. I plan to plant some more now, and the temperatures will
be in the mid 80's, but I do not plan to put plastic on them. I have
grown brocolli seeds in the past with no problem.

Thanks

Tom