Old 27-06-2008, 01:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Default Mini rose question

We have had problems with the super market ones.
Perhaps they were pushed to much.

Maybe it didn't get enough sunlight and not enough food (pushing) to
live.

Hope a greenhouse expert comes in on this - they might be the person to
knows.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

wrote:
Hi guys,

For Valentine's Day my husband gave me a thoughtful gift - a
supermarket mini-rose. I wasn't sure how long it would last, but it
was doing pretty well until this week. When I first received it, I
read up on its care and have been looking after it as best I could.

Anyhow, I think it might have died or is in the process of dying. I'm
not sure if I can save it or not. On Tuesday I came home to discover
that almost all the leaves had curled and dried up, whereas I know at
least on Sunday, when I watered it, that it was far more lush. Only
three or four leaves didn't curl and dry up!

I thought maybe I had underwatered it, so I watered it generously, but
on Wednesday the soil was still quite moist. Usually it is more
thirsty than that.

I trimmed most of the dried up leaves and it's now a very sad looking
little plant. Is there anything I can do for it? It does not appear to
have aphids, although there were aphids in the past, which I killed
with soapy water.

Thanks,
Christine