Old 27-06-2008, 06:31 AM posted to rec.ponds
Reel Mckoi Reel Mckoi is offline

Default Can anyone help on Cryptosporidium in water

"Rodney Pont" wrote in message
news:atcfzvasbuvgflfgrzfygqhx.k33hwg0.pminews@ouse ...
On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:14:06 +0100, shreked wrote:

Im moving house to Northampton soon and the water supply there has a
outbreak of Cryptosporidium at present and people are being told to
boil water before giving to pets and humans using it.

Does anyone know where I stand as far as using it cos I need to store
fish in a small swimming pool until I get the pond sorted.

Fish are affected by it although it might not be the same strain. A
reverse osmosis unit will produce water free from it and a lot cheaper
than boiling but you won't get a lot of water a day. I saw one recently
(Practical Fishkeeper I think) that cost o100 and did 100 gallons a
day.

http://www.ro-man.com/shop/index.php?cPath=91 have them.

Isn't the water demineralized by that process. That would make it useless
for fish unless minerals were re-added.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.