Old 27-06-2008, 01:50 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
chip chip is offline

Default pondscaping a dream pond

DKat wrote:
the fact that you have such a high humidity in a desert is to me a crime
against the environment but i'm not going to get on my soap box and rant
against the insanity of phoenix requiring people to grow lawns...

I'm confused??! The high 25-35% is due to the jet stream patterns
bringing Gulf of Mexico or Gulf of Cortez moisture during the monsoon
season. Nothing to do with lawns. Required to have lawns, never heard
of it in the 15 yrs I've lived here??? They are doing their best to
have them torn out and replaced with zeriscaping with low moisture planting.

Now we do have a lot of lawn (people from back East seem to insist on
it) and golf courses, but that has little to do with the humidity.
Majority of yards are like mine, gravel-80%, small lawn for dog-10%,
pool-10%. I'm converting most of my lawn to patio and my pool to pond
and veggie filter.

Chip