Old 27-06-2008, 03:16 PM
beccabunga beccabunga is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post

We have had problems with the super market ones.
Perhaps they were pushed to much.

Maybe it didn't get enough sunlight and not enough food (pushing) to
live.

Hope a greenhouse expert comes in on this - they might be the person to
knows.

Thanks Martin. It is in a place with full sun, so I know it got plenty
of that. There are four plants in my pot, and one of them was even in
the process of making a bloom. I've never had a plant go south so
suddenly before!
These mini-roses are forced cuttings and usually are in a compost that wears out quickly. They are not really designed to survive.

We have taken to planting them out into the ground when it is warm enough and most love that. They seem perfectly hardy.

The other thing to do is to repot the strongest one into a good compost, tipping its growing points when you do that, and discard the others.