Old 27-06-2008, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Eddy Eddy is offline

Default evergreen climbers for greenhouse

Jeff Layman wrote:
I've had Macfadyena unguis-cati growing in a greenhouse for years (it also
grows happily outside on a south wall). But it has never flowered, despite
being a rampant grower; references often state that it needs a hotter summer
than our climate provides to flower successfully. Maybe your experience is
different.

And so it will probably not flower this summer either, eh, Jeff? (Can't
believe I'm sitting here in late June with a thick jumper on and wishing
we could afford to have the LPG burning away during "the summer"! Calor
sent us a letter yesterday raising our price from 31.15p per litre to
40.65p per litre!) What ARE we gonna do.

Eddy.