Old 27-06-2008, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Favourite peas

"Mary Fisher" wrote ...

"michael" wrote ...

I grow quite a lot of peas,and try to select those which have a very
good flavour as well as giving a reasonable crop.This is my experience
over the last few years and would welcome comment.The heights I quote
are pretty approximate and depend on soil condition.

I've only tried peas once, disastrously, but you've inspired me to have
another go, thanks.

Saved post to file, I hope you don't mind.

Mary, if your problem was germination then it is usually due to mice digging
up and eating the seed, if your pods disappeared then that too is mice. We
have had to buy and use a rather powerful rodent bait to overcome both those
problems.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden