Old 27-06-2008, 02:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Wilson[_2_] Wilson[_2_] is offline

Default All my edible's are dying

sometime in the recent past gonzo posted this:
OK, I don't run a greenhouse, but um, wrapping it in bubble wrap to
prevent burning plants.. no.

There are things for you greenies that are called sunshade, what they
look like is a huge sheet of screened netting. Comes in different
weights to reduce different amounts of sun.

Take the bubble wrap off, it just ain't no good for ya. I don't see
that that alone would cause all your grief, but it's a step in the
right direction to put some sunshade over the greenhouse instead of
it.

Cheers

I've used the black weed barrier material as a shade on the greenhouse too,
when I've moved plants from in the house (poor light) into full sun.
Otherwise the leaves will burn (turn white,) but that's usually temporary,
but disconcerting none the less when your lush plant that was trying to
scrounge up sunlight now has more than it can stand.

Professionals used a lime white-wash to diffuse the light, but I think
that's another issue.

Certainly open it up to air. Also a bit of a fan will dry things and the
movement will cause stalks to thicken. Good luck.

--
Wilson N45 W67