Old 27-06-2008, 09:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
infiniteMPG infiniteMPG is offline

Default Kill My Palmettos!!! PUH-LEASE!!!!

Earth augers of various sizes and diameters can be used to drill several feet into the roots or hearts of the palmettos. *You can probably rent some of these machines at a Home Depot to see if they will help. *They come with gasoline motors and are designed for digging holes for fence posts and similar projects in construction.

Drills make holes in straight lines. Palmettos grow like spaghetti
around the roots of other trees. I doubt I can do much to the
palmetto without drilling up the roots of the pine trees they're
growing at the bases of probably killing the pine tree and the
palmettos will survive.

I guess my question is as stated in the previous reply.... Can I maybe
drill out the top of the heart of each stalk and pour a small amount
of brush killer into the hole and kill that plant without killing the
tree it's growing around????