Old 27-06-2008, 08:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Vandy Terre Vandy Terre is offline

Default Frustrated!! (cows & corn!)

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:31:52 -0400, rachael simpson
wrote:

snip

I know
there is plenty of other corn around here, but this was my own corn
patch, not some my hubby planted for someone else! So now I'm
frustrated, discouraged and very disgusted with the cows.

How's everyone else's gardens doing?

~Rae

Sorry about your loss. Be happy it was just cows, not deer/ goats/ sheep/
horses. Sheep are not really that much trouble except when it cools down at
night. Deer own this area. Goats think like the deer and are not the least bit
afraid of humans or their smell. Horses just look very innocent and adorable
with bits of your garden hanging from their mouth.

How's my garden doing? Well it is slowly getting better and better fences, with
heavy thorn hedges to slow the deer. I figure if the deer can not see an easy
entrance the garden is safer from them. We have gained a few tomatoes, may see
some sunflowers and corn later. Mostly I would be happy if I could just balance
the ph so the earthworms survived. If I can create a healthy earthworm
population then I will have better water retention when it does finally rain.