Old 07-04-2003, 03:08 PM
gary

Default ants v Amdro -- ants winning

"Elliot Richmond" wrote
Most likely, treatment with insecticides or boiling water kills a lot
of ants but the remaing ants, including the queen, just move a few
meterts away and start a new colony.

Although I have often read this, my experience, over many years, with
treating individual fireant mounds with small amounts of diazinon or, more
recently, Triazicide, has not shown this to be true in most cases. Perhaps
that is because I have usually treated the mounds soon after a rain, when
the ants have migrated nearer to the surface and/or because I am always
careful to water the insecticide thoroughly into the mound. But I have
found this kind of treatment to work extremely well.

Perhaps they escape out the back door and reestablish on my neighbor's lawn
or down the block, I wouldn't know about that, but they don't usually set up
shop anytime soon near their most recent home.

gary