Old 29-06-2008, 12:01 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Brand new to garden ponds

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 22:47:53 EDT, "Pat"
wrote:

| Please see my new blog at www.mygoldfishpond.com. After 8 years of a
| prefab 100 gallon pond I finally built this zen pond. My fish are
| spawning every weekend since May. Finally have too many fry and no
| one is dying off. I am posting photos of the fry from beginning to
| now. I look forward to your comments.

The link goes to a generic parked page.

They got me, sorry about that, very clever some of these people... and how
rude! :-[ I was really looking forward to seeing at some nice pond
pictures. Almost hitting 100F here, humidity 18%.... so I can't really
"play" outside.

Our koi club had its fish and plant sale this morning, I sold more than
half, so did okay, took 2 car loads to get it there, and only 1 to bring
back. I had 4 tubs of lilies, now down to 1. I had several Rubbermaids
filled with cannas, what's left fit in the kiddy pool with room to spare.

All the fish sold, total profit for the club, and I even won a gift
certificate from Koi Joy to buy a fish there. This I passed on to kathy as
I don't need any more fish. I'm taking the year off from having to
quarantine anything but goldfish.

Speaking of which, I got 2 small, but nice, pearl scales at PetsMart.
Something different than normal for me to purchase. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us