Old 29-06-2008, 12:01 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Ideal veggie filter size

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 16:21:33 EDT, wrote:

yeah.... my pond in winter
http://weloveteaching.com/mypond/winters/winter.htm
althoooooo... this last winter we left the water in the veggie filter, some of the
celery and cyperus in the filter, even a vine in there. the cyperus died, but the
vine!!!! survived under the plastic and the celery really took off.

unhappily, I think our Texas dawn has bit the dust... or I should say the koi have
bit the Texas dawn. pulled it out to repot and something starts and is snipped off.
am thinking it may not be worth it to have the lily in there, except it looks good to
have the light filtering up thru the lily as the koi glide thru . ah well. wonder
if silk lilies would survive??? Ingrid

What you could try is getting a tote tub ($5-$7 @ Home Depot) put the
lily there and get it going really well and then put it back in the koi
pond. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us