Old 29-06-2008, 05:57 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default All my edible's are dying

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

You must know that that sounds too easy. If you have wilt, fungal or
bacterial, it is there to stay for awhile, like a decade. If it is
fungal you might be able to to grow resistant tomatoes.

http://www.utextension.utk.edu/publi...es/sp370-C.pdf
www.avrdc.org/pdf/tomato/bacterial_wilt.pdf
www.avrdc.org/pdf/tomato/fusarium.pdf

In the meantime, you may consider crop rotation.
--

Billy

When I had fungal root rot along my fence line in my English Ivy, the
local nursery sold me some soil sulphur, and some soil probiotics.
Instructions were to scatter the sulphur and water it in to kill the
fungus, then wait two weeks and water in the soil bacteria.

It worked.

If you read the PDFs from the Ag Extensions, you'll notice that nothing
was said about soil sulphur, and probiotics. I presume that you took in
a sample that was identified as fungal root rot.

I took in a limp dying branch... So, yes more or less.

I'm glad it worked for
you. How much did the treatment cost and how much surface area did you
treat?

It was cheap. Under $20.00 and I treated about a 150 ft. fence line
about 1 ft. on either side of the fence. I took advice and products from
Gardenville. They are located about 5 blocks away.

What do you think of the OP's intention to solarize her soil in order to
kill off her pest?

Could not hurt. The sun is a universal disinfectant. Theoretically,
running water (as in streams) running under sunlight for 1 mile will
help purify water.

The fact that sulphur treatment kills fungus has come in handy for more
than just soil. Garlic is useful for female yeast infections as well.
Better than some of the OTC crap they sell for that that does not work.
Garlic is VERY high in sulphur.

Makes me wonder if a heavy garlic treatment for fungal root rot might
work.

I hope the yarrow tea helped.

Yarrow is good for colds. :-)
--
Peace! Om

until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein