Old 29-06-2008, 08:14 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default On Weeding

In article
,
Bill wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
Billy wrote:

Terrorism is being increasingly used as a label and a charge
against militant resisters of capitalist hegemony, who destroy property.
There are already laws against property destruction but terrorisms laws
are more draconian.

I am such a simple fool. The charge of terrorism is being applied to two
ladies who destroyed nothing but who protested the destruction of four
apartment complexes of low-income housing units. Residents say the brick
buildings are perfectly habitable, and accuse the city, the Housing
Authority of New Orleans (HANO), and Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
of a program of class warfare and racially motivated gentrification.

The four complexes, if demolished, would eliminate more than 4,500
apartment units in the hurricane-ravaged city so desperately in need of
affordable low-income housing.

Welcome to the new and improved America :-(

Unnecessary wars, domestic spying, the poor thrown into the streets,
price gouging on fuel and food. Good night America.

Sorry, this is the background of the charge.
http://towardfreedom.com/home/content/view/1200/1/

This is the charge.
http://www.fsrn.org/content/two-publ...arged-with-act
s-terrorism/2689

Garden-wise I seem to have run off, at least temporarily, the raccoon
that was ravaging my cabbage and lettuce patches. I think I grossed him
out by relieving my self where he was trying to eat. Then I think one of
my dogs damaged some of the potato plants when he relieved himself. He
likes to kick-up a little dust afterwards. The peas have gone toes up
but the green beans seem to have stabilized after the spat of hot
weather played havoc with their plastic mulch.

To be more up-beat, I should have said that all of the curcubitaceaes
seem to to be doing very well.

What I find is that folks I come in contact with every day family
included know not much about the issues real issues you mention.
How to get info out in a world of Murdoch ? I fall back to living by
example small images but some times a glimmer of change.

People are tired, physically and mentally and the media is controlled by
what, seven corporations now, whose diverse stockholders have an
interest in commodification of every aspect of our lives.

Their goal is to rent us our clothes and furniture.

The war on terror is bogus. Terrorists are people who resist the
American government, plain and simple. As a result, there are more
terrorists every day. If you read about globalization and the WTO,
you'll now why it was targeted. European countries, including the United
States, have been sending gun boats or paying off dictators and
politicians of small countries to extract the wealth of people of color
for centuries. Now it is our turn to face reduced social spending and to
be pitted against the worlds poorest workers in a race to the bottom of
the barrel.

No one in my extended family has a compost pile. I'd guess heirloom
concept or open pollinated is not known either. Got to carry on
anyway ! Perhaps a family gathering where dinner is done but some items
are missing that can be culled in our back yard.

Anybody who read Pollan knows that processed foods are imitation foods,
which, due to contamination and lack of nutrition, are poison. The only
safe course is to steep ourselves in real food.

Bill scheming.

While scheming, let your light shine and bang that damn pot.
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars