Old 07-04-2003, 03:32 PM
Frogleg

Default What kind of flower is this?

On Sun, 06 Apr 2003 22:01:05 GMT, "Cereoid+10+"
wrote:

Do a google search for George Mason University and find out for yourself
that you don't have a clue what you are babbling about.

If you are that interested in finding out, you call them.

I don't understand your wrath. The OP said he/she was walking by
George Mason U. and saw flowers he/she'd like identified. I suggested
calling the university and getting in touch with their groundskeeping
staff. *I* don't need to have the flower identified -- I was simply
offering a suggestion that seemed quite reasonable to me. If the
poster is in the area, it doesn't seem outrageous to suggest a phone
call.

If you want to prove me wrong, then you make the effort.

Oh, you're mad because I said Lily of the Valley isn't 2' tall..

http://www.wiseacre-gardens.com/plan...ilyvalley.html
http://www.veseys.com/store.cfm?cat=45
http://www.whiteflowerfarm.com/searc...+of+the+valley
http://www.magdalin.com/herbal/plant...y_o_t_valy.htm
http://www.theplantexpert.com/spring...theValley.html

(And I've got 'em growing and spreading all over my garden.)

If you aren't willing to put your money where your mouth is, you may as well
just sit down and shut up.

Why be so rude? I didn't say I knew what the flower was, only that it
wasn't Lily of the Valley. I disagreed with you -- is *that* the
crime?

People who freely tell others to do what they won't do themselves are not
worth listening to.

I am more than willing to accept ideas, information, sources, and
URLs that other people are kind enough to suggest. You, for example,
have provided a great deal of information which I've regarded as
informed and reliable. And have said so more than once.

Frogleg wrote in message
On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 16:12:14 GMT, "Cereoid+10+"
wrote:
Frogleg wrote
I would suggest calling the college and asking to be put in touch with
the landscaping department.

Why don't you do that?

Let us know what you hear from the landscape department. Is that in the

same
building as horticulture? You think George Mason University is heavy into
gardening? LOL

Why should I call George Mason U.? The OP is in the area -- let
him/her do it. I'm sure there are people paid to both plant things and
keep landscaping in trim. I very much doubt they are phoneless. If
there is any kind of switchboard maintained by Real People, it should
be possible to contact *someone* associated with campus maintainence.
In fact, if they have an academic (as opposed to practical) botany or
horticulture department, it might be interesting to send a few
students out on a campus plant ID field trip.