Old 29-06-2008, 11:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve Peek Steve Peek is offline

Default Cucumbers

"rachael simpson" wrote in message
Steve Peek wrote:
REFRIGERATOR BREAD & BUTTER PICKLES
Printed from COOKS.COM

9 c. sliced cucumbers, unpeeled (5 lg. or 12 sm.)
1 c. onions, red & white
1 c. peppers, red & green
2 c. sugar
1 tsp. turmeric
3 c. vinegar
1 tsp. mustard seed
2 tbsp. salt
1 tsp. celery seed
1 tsp. salt

Put 2 tablespoons of salt over sliced pickles. Let stand 1 hour,
drain. Combine vinegar, sugar, celery seed, mustard seed, salt and
turmeric. Bring to boil. Cool and pour over cucumbers that have been
placed in jars. Refrigerate. Let stand 1 week before serving.

Thanks for posting your recipe for me! Appreciate the emailed copy too!

~Rae

You're quite welcome. The recipe is very easy and delicious. The key to
crispness is the salt removing the water from the raw veggies. They have to
stay in the fridge, but I've kept them for over 1 year.
Good Luck,
Steve