Old 30-06-2008, 03:40 AM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Trees and problems 2

June

One thing you might try because you cannot mulch correctly in a pot. You
could fertilize with micro elements. I would stay away from too much
nitrogen because you do not want the tree to grow big and fast. The
microelement solution I use has very little nitrogen and has all of the
microelements that are essential. It has some biostimulants as well. This
would give the tree some of the elements it might be receiving in its
natural habitat.

If you are into pruning Shigo has two books. World wide photo guide and
Pruning Basics. One would probably be good for you and your tree. Try not
to over water. Just water enough to wet the nonwoody roots in the upper
four inches. I have to go.

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
"June" wrote in message
I'm posting this on this thread because I keep getting an error
message when I try to post a new threat. It says there is some missing
information, which there isn't. I have no idea why I keep getting that
when I try to post, so I'm posting this on the tree threat. I hope
someone can tell me why I keep getting that error message. I've signed
on fine, filled out the form correctly and still get that error
message. AARGH! Anyway, here's my tree/bush problems:

I've had a datura since last year and it has never bloomed. It was
overwintered indoors under grow light and it's been outdoors for about
six weeks. It's in a large pot, for it's size and in full sun. I can't
figure out why this thing hasn't bloomed.
about a week and a half ago I pruned it a bit, thinking that maybe
that would stimulate it.
I'd love some input on why this thing has never bloomed in a year and
some helpful hints on what I can do to get it to bloom.

Thanks!
June