Old 30-06-2008, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Storing daffodils

On Jun 30, 9:42 am, "Muddymike" wrote:
I cleared out one of the terraces infested with weed this weekendhttp://share.ovi.com/media/Muddymike.Garden/Muddymike.10516?sort=5
and dug out a bucketful of Daffodil and Tulip bulbs in order to cover the
whole area with weed preventing fabric and stone.http://share.ovi.com/media/Muddymike...e.10517?sort=5
I have several shrubs grown from cuttings to go in here. Rather than buy in
stone to cover the fabric and have to carry it up to the terrace I have
tried screening the soil and using the stone that came out. It still needs a
bit of sorting, trim the fabric, replace the retaining wall capping etc but
overall I am quite pleased with the result. Lets see if I am still pleased
in 12 months time

The question is how best to store the bulbs and when can I replant them.

Mike

Wow Mike you have really recovered a beautiful garden since you have
been there, the change from when you first started posting about it;
to now is staggering and lovely. I'm sure you will find a corner for
your bulbs, you have plenty of choice after all :-)

Judith