Old 30-06-2008, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\)[_200_] Robert \(Plymouth\)[_200_] is offline

Default Tomato time

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 30/6/08 08:25, in article ,
"Robert (Plymouth)" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 29/6/08 17:52, in article
, "Robert
(Plymouth)" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
Ray picked about 3 doz. Jersey Sunrise this morning. They're in one
of
the
greenhouses and have ripened very rapidly over the last week.

Well done. I had my first Million Bells tomato from the greenhouse this
afternoon and won't be long before they're in proper production abw.
Isn't
fruit extraordinary this year outdoors. Strawberries, raspberries,
goosegobs
and loganberries all in plentiful supply with blackcurrants and
blackberries
coming along well in the outside lane.

I can't get The Boss to grow anything for us other than cucs and toms
and
those are to spoil me. But this year he has put in lots more tomato
plants
so that the tea room can benefit too. Don't know Million Bells
tomatoes,
only Petunias (Calibrachoa)! Are the Million Bells toms like Tumbler?

They are small cherry size tomatoes and plenty of them. Vanessa is a
regular
size tom that has fruit right up the stem and beginning to ripen. Hoping
for
no blight this year.

I'll look out for those. Thanks, Robert. We found last year that the
outdoor toms got blight and the indoor ones didn't. So x-ing fingers for
you!

We had blight in the greenhouse as well but the tomatoes still kept
producing