Old 07-04-2003, 03:44 PM
Isom, Jeff , EM, PTL

Default [IBC] Trunk chopping a Crabapple

The big spring gardening sales are finally starting up here on the frigid
"northcoast." I've noticed quite a few crabapple trees in 2-5 gallon pots
that look pretty nice, but of course the lowest branches are way to high.
Now, I realize there are significant differences between varieties, but just
wondering...do "typical" crabapple trees bounce back after severe trunk
chops that leave no foliage? Out of curiosity, does anyone have a list of
trees that will survive severe trunk chops - other than maples!?!

Thanks,

Jeff Isom
Cleveland, OH / Sunset Zone 39 and still snowing

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++