Old 30-06-2008, 05:02 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Growing medicinal foods

In article
,
Billy wrote:

I also have a dead mimosa tree out front and am considering leaving the
dead trunk in place and just removing the top, then "seeding" it with
some kind of mushroom mycelia. Shitake would be my preference, but
that's supposed to do best in Oak and I don't have any dead oak trees.
I may just do Pearl Oyster since that's supposed to be one of the
easiest to grow. I've managed to get it to fruit once in an unbleached
toilet paper roll after innoculating the middle of the roll with some
finely chopped stems. :-)

I should probably e-mail

fungi perfecti ---

http://www.fungi.com/ I didn't know about them,
thanks.

They are an awesome company. I've read some of Stammet's books.

for advice. Turkey Tail mushroom
is supposed to have anti-viral and anti-cancer properties made into a
tea.

I thought you were a Kombucha fan. Still looking? What is your take on
the effectiveness of Kombucha?
--

Billy

Dad is the Kombucha grower and fan. They are not really a true
"mushroom". IMHO the brew just provides a lot of vitamins and minerals.
Sort of a tonic. I'm not convinced it's a panacea, but ymmv. Many
people swear by it as it gives them energy. I think it's the B-vitamins
it contains. :-)

I'd rather take pills...
--
Peace! Om

until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein