Old 07-04-2003, 03:44 PM
Iris Cohen

Default [IBC] Botany

Does anyone know of a good book or website that will give a beginning
approach to botany?

1. contact your local agricultural extension agent. Ours just sent us a speaker
on the subject.
2. If you have a specific question, ask it here or on sci.bio.botany.
3. Now here I am not kidding. Get out in the woods & your garden & really look
at trees close up and at a distance for 30 or 40 years. They will teach you
botany.
4. Go to your main library & see what they have. If you are near a university
or arboretum, even better.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."