Old 30-06-2008, 09:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Luton[_2_] Paul Luton[_2_] is offline

Default Gooseberry vs caterpillars

Robert (Plymouth) wrote:

"Steve Bilton" wrote in message
The little green beasties - with black heads - have devoured one
seedling and have now started on my main bush - which has loads of
fruit just not quite ready for the picking...

What can I treat the bush with to get rid of the caterpillars but not
harm the fruit?

TIA

Steve

I would find them and squash them on the leaf

If too many to squash Liquid Derris seems to work. Wash gooseberies
before eating.

Paul

--
CTC Right to Ride Rep. for Richmond upon Thames