Old 01-07-2008, 02:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
somnial somnial is offline

Default Time Warner quit offering newsgroups

Steve wrote:

Feeling cheated,

(by Time Warner)
Steve (in the Adirondacks)

I am currently getting my usenet service via Earthlink on the
identical cable that could deliver Road Runner to me if I wanted it.
I am NOT a television cable customer. I only subscribe to internet
service.
Some time after Earthlink bought out mindspring, they announced that
usenet service was a free service and therefore its elimination in the
future would not be regarded by them as a diminution of service.
I protested that it would be a substantial diminution of service as
far as I was concerned.