Old 01-07-2008, 03:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Gooseberry vs caterpillars

"Robert (Plymouth)" wrote in message

I got rid of mine by continually rubbing them out, you need to be
persistent. I am touching wood here too lol! My own idea of gardening is
that I don't need to worry about what might be on the food in the way of
pesticides etc., as I don't use any.

You can get rid of them in any way you like but it won't be permanent, the
next time a gravid female adult finds it - probably the following year -
you'll have 'em again :-(

I don't use any pesticides or hebicides in our garden, Spouse, however,
does. Our lifestyle means that we're not always here or, if we are, have the
time to rub all the larvae out. compromises aren't ideal but are sometimes
necessary.

As for the food, well we're still here! A healthier couple opf our age it
would be hard to find :-)

Mary