Old 01-07-2008, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default Greenhouse conundrum

On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 09:50:10 +0100, Dan Smithers wrote:

Currently I have two greenhouses each 8' x 6' next to each other.

One is cold and I keep the other frost free (or just above).

I am considering whether to replace them with one large house say 14' x 9'.

This way I could heat the whole space. Would I get more in a large house
than two small?

They are standing on a hard base and I put grow bags in for tomatoes etc
in the summer and have staging on one side.

I would also like to have a greenhouse vine.

thoughts?

thanks

dan

Bob Flowerdew, of GQT, talks about his polytunnel within a polytunnel,
and I think another within that. he grows bananas and pineappled in
his hot one. You could try dividing a big one and lining one half.

Pam in Bristol