Old 07-04-2003, 04:32 PM
Regina

Default still another batch of roses

Cass wrote:

Regina wrote:

How large is English Garden in your pot?

Two feet above soil level after light pruning, with a fairly narrow profile. I
suspect it will be taller and bushier this year after having been moved out of
the too cold and shady spot it had been in. I've had it a few years and it had
always sulked, but once in its new position late last summer, it immediately
started pumping out blooms.

And Buff Beauty, which Cass knows I've ordered three times now, only to
get it scratched before delivery each time; I was hoping it would
finally perform for her, under threat of excommunication, but if it has
now been potted and exiled, ok, well I am READY. I don't know how it
will do here but am most interested to find out.

Ya mean I can dig it up? Consider it done. We'll need help getting it
in the car, more like you'll a trailer.

eek!! Will I be able to fit it in? I may need to make a point of leaving most
of my standard camping gear at home next trip.

GOT to make it to Vintage this time too!! (Hmmm,
What does Cass want that she hasn't already bought herself??)

Oh, nothing. I have enough roses. ;-P

heh, VERY funny! We both had "enough" roses long ago; barely even slows us
down.

I didn't know Flutterbye was yolky. I think I need to see a Plant in
Bloom.

Me too. I took a chance. Even if it's yellow, it's okay. My family
won't let me get rid of Sunsprite, so it will have company.

From the little I saw of the one Julia brought to Mel a couple of years ago, it
was a very nice yellow that would look great on your wall of shame. And now I
understand why you have hung onto the nearly fluorescent Sunsprite.

The Brits have produced dozens of apricoty roses within the past 5
years, and I sure wish we could get our hands on them.

A couple of names please? What should I be lusting for?

I would start with Great Expectations. But just cruise the Crocker,
Harkness and Dickson roses on the English sites.

Will do. It is finally SUNNY today and I'm headed out ASAP.

Have you noticed Ruby Pendent at the SJHRG?

No, and if it's with the minis, I probably won't because there is never
enough time to get through that collection.

What an understatement. Last year I spent four straight days in the SJHRG. I
ran out of endurance each day, and could have kept on like that for weeks.

Cass, remember that big spreading bush whose shape you liked along my
driveway? It's a Moore cl mi (which ought to root easily):

http://www.justourpictures.com/roses...ingjackie.html

Wow, great looking. Are those reflexed petals typical (I love them), or
is that a special deal in warm weather?

Yes, the reflexed petals are typical, and it blooms all season. The longer I
have that rose, the more I love it.

Regina