Old 01-07-2008, 08:25 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
LeahMarie LeahMarie is offline

Default pondscaping a dream pond

Leaky pond update:

Well, the leaks have been patched and the pond has been refilled. The
two 55 gallon barrel settling tanks have been sealed (finally!) and
the pond level seems stable. Veggie filter is running (fish are in it
and seem to be spawning!) and the bog pond is going.
Lost a 13 inch koi last night / early this morning. It jumped out of
the veggie filter and suffocated. Beautiful koi too. Very sad. So
today, even though they are VERY frisky, they are going back into the
pond. I don't want to lose anymore like that.
I think in 24 months, I will take out the 3" pipe and replace it with
4" pipe to better feed the Sequence 5800 pump I have going. And I
think it will be worth the effort to plumb each bottom drain into the
settling tanks separately. That should help the flow keep up with
pump. As I have it right now, the tops of the barrels are closed in
effect creating a priming pot for the pump. So far, so good. :-)
W. Dale