Old 01-07-2008, 10:21 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Galen Hekhuis Galen Hekhuis is offline

Default pondscaping a dream pond

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 15:24:34 EDT, LeahMarie
wrote:

On Jun 26, 11:53 am, Chip wrote:
W Dale wrote:

Humidity today is 11%.

How's it feel to be so humid? If we get above 10% here in Phoenix
during May-Aug we feel sticky. Aug-Sept we get the "Monsoon" season and
can reach as high as 25%-35%.

Chip

LOL! It feels GREAT! You see, I was born and reared in Laurel, MS.
And while I have acclimated to the Rockies, I do miss the moisture of
the deep south. I think I would just dry up and blow away there in
Phoenix!

I used to live right down the road in Hattiesburg, MS. I was born in
Biloxi. Southern Mississippi got too cold for me, so I moved to
Florida. :^) Anyway, we closed out the month here with a bit over an
inch of rain bringing us to 5.96 inches for June. That's close enough
to 6 inches for me. It's a lot more than we got last year and if we
get another 20-30 inches we just might bust this drought. I can now
look at the big pond by the house and actually see water in it! It's
a long way from being full, but at least it isn't just mud anymore.