Old 02-07-2008, 05:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tpow tpow is offline

Default Scarifier

"gavin" wrote in message

"tpow" wrote in message

"gavin" wrote in message
My lawn has a lot of moss in it so I thought it would be a good idea to
have a go at raking it out. However, I had forgotten what hard work it
is with a grass rake! I was sweating cobs tonight and only did a small
part of the lawn - and then the heavens opened and rescued me :-)

I was wondering if an implement such as the one here

http://www.gardenandleisure.com/products/wsands15.html

would do the trick? Has anyone used something like this? How effective
are they - and more to the point how much less effort are they than a
hand rake?

no all you need is a small B&D or Bosch electric
scarifier.............B&Q or Homebase.

Something like this then?

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/na...&isSearch=true

yes,