Old 02-07-2008, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°² ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹°-°² is offline

Default Scarifier

On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 20:35:16 GMT, "gavin"
wrote and included this (or
some of this):

My lawn has a lot of moss in it so I thought it would be a good idea to have
a go at raking it out. However, I had forgotten what hard work it is with a
grass rake! I was sweating cobs tonight and only did a small part of the
lawn - and then the heavens opened and rescued me :-)

I was wondering if an implement such as the one here

http://www.gardenandleisure.com/products/wsands15.html

would do the trick? Has anyone used something like this? How effective are
they - and more to the point how much less effort are they than a hand rake?

You could get an electric-powered one for not much more money.

BTW you may well find that scarifying will spread the moss and make
the problem worse unless you treat and kill the moss first.

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°²