Old 02-07-2008, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default beware parsnips

"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Christina Websell" contains
these words:

One of the instructions was to peel the parsnips. BTW, carrot skins are
also toxic to insects.

You keep hearing that. Carrot flies can't be insects then. Another long-held
belief dashed :-(

I've discovered over the years that there is a
correlation between eating carrots and ageing. The more carrots you eat,
the older you get.

That's very true.

I haven't tested this against other foods, but I suspect that the
correlation might hold good there too.

It is. Not many people know it though.

Moral: stop eating, and live forever.

What sort of a life would it be without parsnips though? Although I suppose
parsnip wine might do, better get practising.

Mary