Old 02-07-2008, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Gooseberry vs caterpillars

In article ,
says...

"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

I hate using any pesticide but desperate conditions demand desperate
solutions. The sawfly will also attack other plants, Solomon's Seal
and some
ribes.

Not to mention nasturtiums.

Is THAT what they are!

I remember them from my childhood, hadn't made the connection beause I
didn't know anything else then.

Mary

No, the ones on nasturtiums are cabbage whites caterpillars
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk