Old 07-04-2003, 04:44 PM
Gary Woods

Default garden journals?

mike wrote:

Frankly, the poster was
right on the mark, considering your original post.....

And if you're into seed saving, recommendations are STRONGLY against
depending on computer records for the all-important accession history
records. They tend to go away unexpectedly, and even backups may likely be
on media that nobody can read in a timeframe short by even human standards.

I do use various computer files, but occasionally print them on dead trees
and place in a folder made of more dead trees.

People tell me it's over the top to put my garlic varieties in a
spreadsheet. They're probably right, but if you've seen my handwriting...

Cheers!